Dear Big Brother,
You flew across the globe to visit and now you’re going back. Big bro – you have such a rich soul, a kind heart, and an outstanding sense of humor; I never thought saying goodbye to you would be this hard. You’ve been staying with me for a week and today was the day we had to part ways.
I did everything in my power not to cry, but I couldn’t help it. You left an impression here and I really do hope you come back one day. Why did you have to come, be your stupid awesome self, make us like you even more than we already do, and just up and leave? Why was saying goodbye, until next time, so hard? I know I am going to see you again but yet… here I am, wishing that you were still here, hanging out, cracking jokes, and complaining about my not so terrible driving.
I will never forget the times we spent together: shenanigans while playing board games, walks near the river, falling into food comas and ice cream melting everywhere. I want to say thank you though; thank you for everything you’ve done. Thank you for all the advice, the encouragement and for being my partner in crime.
Dear Amazing Followers,
Here’s why I haven’t been posting as often as usual:
- I’ve been away for a few months and the internet there was very spotty.
- I was visiting family and touring Lebanon.
- I was having an amazing time and by the end, I didn’t want leave.
- I found myself struggling to write despite the fact that I had so much to tell you about.
- I’ve been thinking about my blog and the more I think about it the more I realize that I haven’t quite found my niche yet.
- I’m all over the place and I feel like I need to focus on one thing but there’s so much I’m interested in
I have a few questions for you and I hope you can help.
- How do you deal with this kind of thing?
- What do you to focus your writing?
- Is it just me or have you experienced this before?
Packing for a trip is murder and here’s why:
- But, I’m a terrible packer.
- I have to run a bunch of errands to go get the stuff I need.
- Trying to pack with someone else is very much stressful.
- I have to make lists of things I want and need to take with me, otherwise I’ll forget.
- Somehow I always manage to forget something.
- Getting everything in order and laid out is one thing, but organizing it into a small-ish bag is another.
- It takes a lot of time and patience.
- Just when I have everything packed and weighed, somehow my bag always ends up being overweight.
- But if it’s under… then score!
- When it’s over though, it’s like taking a load off my shoulders.
- Happy travels to me!