Worst Habits (in no particular order)
We all have ’em right?
- This is in list form because I’m lazy (so I guess that’s habit number one).
- I run on ‘Arab time’ (If you’re unfamiliar, it means I’m often but not always late).
- I never get enough sleep (or rather, it’s rare when I do).
- I spend way too much time looking at a screen (I’m surprised I don’t need glasses).
- Poor as fuck posture (I sit on my ass all day hunched over my laptop).
- I don’t workout as much as I would like to.
- I don’t deal well with stress.
- I drink too much caffeinated stuff in general (if that’s a thing) – coffee and tea mostly.
- I have a tendency to skip breakfast.
- Emotional Eating (boredom).
- I get distracted easily (by the internet) and end up wasting time rather than getting things I need to get done, done (like posting this for example instead of you know, going to bed).
- I’m terrible at removing distractions/time-wasters.
- Not having a work routine.
- I’m overloaded with opinions/information (so I tend to lose track of ideas quickly).
- I’m indecisive.
- I ‘wait’ for the ‘right’ time to work (Inspiration or whatever).
- Online shopping (need I say more?).
- When I’m nervous I twirl/pull my hair, pick at my skin, or fidget with whatever item I am holding.
- I tend to unintentionally space out sometimes.
- Swearing in public (but who doesn’t these days?).
What are some of your worst habits?
Some people find these more disturbing than others.
Others have way more patience than I do.
- Loud Chewing or people chewing with their mouths open (this makes sitting across from you very unappetizing).
- People who scuff their feet when they walk, especially if they’re wearing flip flops or clunky shoes (I’ve resisted the urge to call them out).
- People who don’t cover their mouths when they sneeze or cough.
- Line cutters (There are social rules in place for people like this and don’t you think that I’m not going to call you out on this shit).
- When you let a car merge in front of you and they don’t give the appropriate thank you wave.
- People who claim that they don’t see race (Like wake the fuck up already, you’re only saying this because you don’t want to be racist but by saying it you’re erasing someones identity).
- People who talk over me or about me as if I’m not standing right there.
- Super clingy and needy people who want attention 24/7.
- When people spend more time on their phone at dinner or lunch or while hanging out than they do with you. This really pisses me off, especially when you and I have made plans to spend some time together (seriously, put the mother fucking phone down and talk to me – don’t make me take you phone and put it in my bra like I did the last time. I know you won’t go there.).
- Arrogant people (don’t let it go to your head).
- Backseat drivers (I get that sometimes you need to give me directions but please don’t tell me how to drive).
What are your pet peeves?
#31: Weird quirk of mine.
This is kind of like the bad habits post right? But more so something I don’t mind? I don’t know… here are some of my weird quirks I guess:
- I like wrapping myself tightly in blanket burritos.
- Despite my brutal honesty in certain situations I always happen to think of something better to say hours later. I don’t know if that’s a quirk, but it happens.
- I turn the sound down in the car when I’m trying to park, find an address, or when it’s really dark and I can’t see well – as if it will help me focus better.
- I phonetically sound out certain words to help me spell them.
- I will notoriously listen to the same song over and over again until I get sick of it. Then claim to dislike the song later, only to listen to it over and over again.
- I will check my phone consistently if I’m bored or placed in a really awkward situation – hoping that something on it might rescue me.
- Checking my purse for my wallet and keys even when I just placed them both inside. And checking the stove before leaving the house – I don’t know if that’s a quirk or just paranoia.
- I sometimes bite my lip when I’m thinking – focused as fuck.
- I have a serious sweet tooth.
- I karaoke sing in the car.
- I really like puns – puns are funny.
- I can’t think of anymore.