I’ve been in a really ‘blah’ mood today and instead of writing something geared towards how I’m feeling I wanted to write about things I’m grateful for.
- Waking up to a brand new day.
- Having a car that gets me from point A to point B easily.
- Drinking tea, because it is soothing for the soul.
- Having food on the table.
- Having a job, even if I don’t want to be there half the time.
- Mom’s cooking.
- Having the access to internet.
- Running water.
- Owning skin care and makeup products (because sometimes looking good and having good skin days makes be feel really good).
- Having family and friends that genuinely care about how I’m feeling/doing.
My dearest favoritist teacher,
I absolutely adore the way you have no concept of how time works. According to your immeasurable wisdom, there are enough hours in the day for me to:
- Wake up at 6 am
- Have breakfast and get ready for the day – 1 hour (give or take)
- Spend an hour in transit (With added time for waiting for buses that are NEVER on time) – 1.5 hours
- Get to class from the stop – 0.5 hours
- Spend nine hours (including lunch) in the class room – 9 hours
- Get back to the stop – 0.5 hours
- Spend another hour in transit (With added time for waiting for buses that are NEVER on time) – 1.5 hours
- Prepare and eat dinner – 1 hour
- Do about four hours of homework (To be honest I skimmed it or it would have taken longer) – 4 hours
- Perform my usual nightly ritual (Teeth, wash face, etc.) – 1 hour
- Let’s not forget bathroom breaks and the usual – 0.5 hours
- And somehow get enough sleep for the next day.
For those of you counting along at home this only really leaves me 3.5 hours. The exact perfect amount of sleep!
Over-Caffeinated and Sleep-Deprived
Since I forgot to post yesterday, I decided to do so twice today.
As you might or might not know, I’m a big foodie. I enjoy cooking, especially for other people. It’s no fun to eat alone, but you know, sometimes we have to.
My mom has this saying in Arabic when it comes to food (it translates funny but essentially here it is: “some people have the breath for cooking”. What she means is that some people are just natural at it.
But really though, I like variety in my life, especially when it comes to food.
Here is a list of my favorite comfort foods (in no particular order):
- Mac and Cheese
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits (like the ones you get at Red Lobster)
- Deep Fried Cauliflower
- Mashed Potatoes
- Baked Potato Wedges
- Pie in General
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Strawberry Tart
- Pasta in General
- Carrot Cake
- Cookies in General
- Peanut Butter
- Soup in General
- Grilled Cheese
- Ice Cream
- Multi-Layer Spinach Dip
- Pita Chips
- Nanaimo Bars
- Cheesy-Garlic Bread
- Ice Cream
- Petit Fours
- Stuffed Grape leaves
- Barbecued Foods
- Fresh Veggies
- Fresh Fruit
- Makanek (spicy sausage)
- Anything I’m Craving that Makes me Comfortable.
What are your comfort foods?
#31: Weird quirk of mine.
This is kind of like the bad habits post right? But more so something I don’t mind? I don’t know… here are some of my weird quirks I guess:
- I like wrapping myself tightly in blanket burritos.
- Despite my brutal honesty in certain situations I always happen to think of something better to say hours later. I don’t know if that’s a quirk, but it happens.
- I turn the sound down in the car when I’m trying to park, find an address, or when it’s really dark and I can’t see well – as if it will help me focus better.
- I phonetically sound out certain words to help me spell them.
- I will notoriously listen to the same song over and over again until I get sick of it. Then claim to dislike the song later, only to listen to it over and over again.
- I will check my phone consistently if I’m bored or placed in a really awkward situation – hoping that something on it might rescue me.
- Checking my purse for my wallet and keys even when I just placed them both inside. And checking the stove before leaving the house – I don’t know if that’s a quirk or just paranoia.
- I sometimes bite my lip when I’m thinking – focused as fuck.
- I have a serious sweet tooth.
- I karaoke sing in the car.
- I really like puns – puns are funny.
- I can’t think of anymore.
Blogging Day 7: 10 favorite foods.
Can I call myself a food connoisseur? Or should I just tell people that I enjoy long romantic walks to the fridge?
Though simple, this was a lot harder than I thought it would be.
I’m #sorrynotsorry if this makes you hungry.
Also, this list is in no particular order.
- Salads (like Greek and Mediterranean).
- Soups (like Italian wedding).
- Baked fries.
- Ice cream/Gelato/Sorbet.
- Pumpkin pie (or pie in general).
- Chocolate Mousse Cake (Yass).
- Pita Chips and humus with it.
- Veggies straight up.
- Soft Cookies and fucking ginger snaps and chocolate.
- Most if not all Lebanese dishes.
- Fruit. Period.
- Spicy everything.
- Authentic Asian Cuisine (all kinds).
- Grilled Cheese.
- Nuts in general.
- Peanut Butter – White chocolate peanut butter.
- Seasame Snaps.
I couldn’t stop at ten but I’m ending now ’cause I’m hungry. So, I’m going to go get a snack.