#29: Top things on my Bucket list – updated
- Be a leader in my field.
- Be a tourist in my own city.
- Climb a fucking tree (to the top).
- Create a piece of art and sell it.
- Dive/jump off the high dive board.
- Do a push-up handstand – without assistance.
- Do a themed run.
- Do more feminist-y things
- Drive a seadoo.
- Drive a snowmobile.
- Dye some of my hair an unnatural color.
- Eat alone at a restaurant.
- Fall in love.
- Find a new hobby
- Find treasure with a metal detector.
- Fly first class.
- Get my abs back.
- Go Bungee Jumping.
- Go cliff diving.
- Go ‘ghost hunting’ with friends.
- Go on a Hot Air Balloon Ride.
- Go on More than one Road Trip.
- Go Scuba Diving.
- Go Sky diving.
- Go to a bonfire/build one.
- Go to Movies by myself.
- Go wine tasting.
- Graffiti something.
- Have my blog recognized.
- Host a game night (make it 1920s themed).
- Knit a scarf.
- Learn something new and be good at it.
- Learn to play poker like a champ.
- Learn to skateboard.
- Master a new language.
- Meet Someone Famous.
- Paint something at Paint Nite.
- Party in a forest.
- Plant a tree.
- Play a game of paintball.
- Race a go-kart again.
- Read a banned book.
- Read a hundred books in a year.
- Ride a bike across the city.
- Ride a camel.
- Ride a Horse and Carriage.
- Ride a Zip line.
- Road-trip across Canada.
- Survive my five to six years as PhD candidate.
- Swim in a Pool at night filled with glow sticks.
- Take a self-defense class.
- Take a train across a country.
- TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) certificate.
- Throw a themed party.
- Unplug for a week.
- Visit the seven wonders of the world.
- Walk a Suspension Bridge.
- White Water Rafting.
- Write my name on wet cement.
- Continue being a bad-ass queen.
#18 What am I afraid of?
I tend to take my time when it comes to answering questions like these.
In a few words, I find questions about love, fear, death and life quite difficult to answer.
Death has always been difficult for me. I’ve a few people I’ve loved over the years but I was always too young to understand what it really meant. I’ve never been properly equipped to deal with it. Nor do I think I’m capable of dealing with it now.
When someone I know has a family member or friend that passed away, I do this thing where I try not to let it get to me. I feel like this blob who’s just there to offer a hug and my condolences without really understanding what the death of this person means to them. I tell them that they are in a better place, that they’re happier in heaven, that I’ll say a prayer for them that… I understand how they must feel.
But I don’t.
I’m not afraid to die.
I’m afraid to love.
I’m afraid to lose someone I love.
#15: Timeline of my day from three days ago.
I forgot to post this.
0930: Wake-up call.
0930–1030: Morning Routine (Wash face, brush teeth, put on makeup)
1030-1055: Dressed (Jeans and a tee-shirt).
1100-1115: Breakfast (Glass of milk and some fruit).
1120-1150: In the car to pick up a friend (we had plans to hang out).
1200-1220: Picked up said friend.
1220-1110: Drove to coffee shop (and obviously purchased coffee).
0115–0130: We bought food to go (Cheese and Spinach pies) and some chocolate and chips for snacks.
0130: Decided to picnic in a park with our goodies:
0130-0415: Hung out in park next to the waterfalls. It was a nice get away from the stress that is research (self-care and giggles).
0415-730: Decided to go shopping (between the mall and the thrift shop, we found some cute goodies).
0800: Dropped friend off.
0810-0850: Picked mom up and took her grocery shopping.
0900: Late Dinner (something light of course).
0930: Skype call with the bestie.
I carry a lot of weight on my shoulders: metaphorically and literally.
Whether I am carrying a backpack or purse, there always seems to be a surplus of items that I really don’t need but carry around ‘just in case’. Bad habit I know, but you seriously never know what could happen and if you need that one item you left at home that one day.
My typical bag hold the following items:
- Makeup Bag (Inside: Concealer, Powder, Lipstick, Beauty Blender, Mirror, Small Brush, a Travel-Size Mascara, Tweezers, Eyebrow Pencil, and Moisturizer).
- A Good Book (Currently: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling).
- Gum or Mints.
- Hand Lotion.
- Hand Sanitizer.
Ps: Feature image is not my actual bag.
#13 Favorite Quote(s)
Dear wonderful followers,
I apologize for not posting more often. This is a very busy time of year for me, I promise to make more of an effort.
So here are some of my most favorite quotes:
“There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all…”
– Oscar Wilde
“And though she be but little, she is fierce…”
– William Shakespeare
“The artist is the creator of beautiful things. To reveal art and conceal the artist is art’s aim…”
– Oscar Wilde
“I just think it’s so weird that women make individual choices and then absolute strangers think they can have all kinds of opinions about them…”
– Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
“Of course I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in…”
– Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
“I want more — much more — than a band-aid. I want a revolution in the hills and towns, among the trees, I still call home…”
– Eli Clare
There is a lot I would do if I won the lottery. Here is a list of stuff I would do:
- I would pay off all of my student loans. Kind of sad right?
- I would travel to all the places I’ve always wanted to visit (Like Greece, Spain, Paris, London, Turkey…etc).
- Donate to charity obviously.
- Buy a house – with a pool – by the beach.
- And invest the fuck out of it.
… I thought this list would be longer.
What would you do?
Day 10: 1st Celebrity Crush
Hmm… it took me a while to remember who this was.
Behold: Chad Michael Murray. My first real celebrity crush.
No… I don’t count cartoon men as crushes. If I did, then Aladdin would be my first.
Nonetheless, as a teen I was absolutely obsessed with Chad Michael Murray. I had posters of him and other hot celebs, but lots of him, that covered my walls. I mean look at him, isn’t he just so cute?
Okay, okay maybe this crush is a little silly. A lot of my friends really liked him too. I bet lots of people still do. He did look really good in that Agent Carter film…