What does the name of my blog mean?
Well.. Sometimes a name is just a name. Kenfyoozd for Confused (Just in case you missed that), as for the latter half… I shouldn’t need to state the obvious. There isn’t always a deeper meaning behind what you see. I chose the name because I like it, and that’s all there is to it. If you don’t like it, too bad. I didn’t name it for you.
Twenty Facts about Me – Why is this so difficult?
- I am an only child – and no I’m not a spoiled brat, just a determined queen.
- I speak three languages fluently – English, French and Arabic.
- Meeting new people is something I look forward to doing.- I’m a social person.
- I am Canadian!
- I like makeup – lots of makeup.
- I am a feminist – no I don’t hate men, and no I’m not a lesbian either.
- How do you put coffee in an IV bag? – or how about wine?
- I might be a little sarcastic.
- I love writing – obviously.
- Ironically, I’m shy about sharing my work.
- I’m in a love-hate relationship with my internet.
- I love the outdoors – in the summer.
- I’m a closet nerd – I haven’t fully embraced it yet, but I’m working on it.
- Did I mention that I hate having to come up with twenty facts about myself for this thing? – who doesn’t?
- I’m working towards getting my PhD.
- My dream job is to be a professor at a college/university.
- I enjoy all things art.
- I’m easily distracted by things that sparkle or things that are out of the ordinary.
- My friend helped me come up with most of these things.
I’d like to get to know you better too. Tell me a random fact about yourself!
I’ve introduced what my blog will mostly be about before. But I hadn’t really thought about how I was going to introduce myself, my ‘real’ self – whoever that might be. I’ve been told that I’m smart and sarcastic and sometimes funny. So I figured why not just share all that with the poor soul that happens to stumble across my blog?
I’ve been thinking about blogging for years, but I never really thought about whether or not my voice would be heard or whether I’d be able to write the way I speak. Usually I’m an outspoken person. I say things how they are and refuse to take crap from anyone. Part of it is because I’ve come to terms with the fact that silence gets me no where. This says a lot about how much I have blossomed from that shy angsty teen to that loud bitch that I am today.
I’m a twenty-something year old student and I often go by the nickname Bee. In short I’m a book hoarder, nature lover, food connoisseur, occasional health and fitness nut, wine enthusiast, feminist and bad-ass in training. Don’t like me? Then hit alt+f4.
I’m here to share my laughter, joy, tears and the part of me that wants to hide while other parts want to scream. I’m here because I want to be here; I want to be heard. I want you to see me for me.
PS: If you follow me, you might get lost.
A while back, someone asked me what my New Years Resolution was. I stumbled with my words for a moment before telling them that I hadn’t really thought of anything. This sat with me for a few days before I took the time to find one of my old lists
With the energy I wasted looking it up, I realized that this ‘New Years Resolutions’ was just a ton of crap. Every year I make this unrealistic list of resolutions I expect myself to keep but never do. This year is different. This year I’m not making resolutions that need to be completed in 365 days only to give up half way through. Instead, I’m making a list of things I want to get done in my life.
I want to update this list each year and I want to add new ideas and remove the ones that I’ve completed.
I know, I know, I’m a little late on this bandwagon. But here it is:
- Go on More than one Road Trip
- Bungee Jumping
- Build a Blanket Fort
- Have a Picnic
- Do more yoga
- Wake up/go to Bed early.
- Go on a Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Learn to play poker like a champ
- Swim in a Pool at night filled with glow sticks
- Go ‘ghost hunting’ with friends
- Do something out of your comfort zone
- Ride a bike across the city
- Go hiking
- Go to a bonfire/build one
- Party in a forest
- Travel somewhere new
- Travel alone
- Try something new
- Write more
- Read more
- Learn something new and be good at it.
- Get a tattoo
- Get my eyebrow/tongue pierced
- Try foods from different cuisines
- Geek out
- Watch classic movies
- Do more feminist-y things
- Hang out with the besties regularly
- Dye some of my hair an unnatural color
- Continue being the epic bad-ass Queen that I am.
Oh hi, hello there,
I welcome myself to the world of blogging and the magic that is WordPress. I don’t really know why I didn’t start this sooner… I guess I was too busy getting lost on roads that lead no where but the future. Cheesy right? Whatever. If you happen to stumble across this, I apologize in advance for any confusion that I may cause you. I have a tendency to talk a lot; a lot doesn’t always make sense either. You might get lost trying to find your way back on your own or with my help actually. You know how sometimes you go to a get-together and there’s all these people you don’t know and the little bee inside of you is like: ‘oh heck no!’ and wants to run away and the other bee inside of you is like: ‘peoples!’ and wants to talk to everyone? Yeah? I am simultaneously both of those bees. I will talk to everyone and anyone even when I don’t really want to – but that’s just me. Well that’s enough rambling for now, it’s time to go exploring.