I was rummaging through the basement today looking for something in particular when I found my old pair of roller blades. Like the giant kid that I am, I put them on and was ecstatic that they still fit. Needless to say, I was ready to break those babies out.
I drove out to the bike path (because pothole city wasn’t a trip I wanted to go to), threw those bad boys on, and started skating. I was a little wobbly at first but I quickly regained my balance. I found myself enjoying the outdoors and the constant stop and go. After about twenty minutes I started to get tired. What? It’s been a while and they take getting use to… don’t judge me.
As I was heading back to my car, I was caught off balance and fell flat on my butt. I caught myself laughing because frankly, it’s pretty funny. However, my ego was a little bruised… when a freken hot guy pulls up next to me on his bicycle and asks me if I’m okay. He literally watched me fall on my butt.
And why did he have to be hot?
Anyways, I had my fun today and it’s probably something I would do again, and again until I’m too exhausted to move.
Dear Amazing Followers,
Here’s why I haven’t been posting as often as usual:
- I’ve been away for a few months and the internet there was very spotty.
- I was visiting family and touring Lebanon.
- I was having an amazing time and by the end, I didn’t want leave.
- I found myself struggling to write despite the fact that I had so much to tell you about.
- I’ve been thinking about my blog and the more I think about it the more I realize that I haven’t quite found my niche yet.
- I’m all over the place and I feel like I need to focus on one thing but there’s so much I’m interested in
I have a few questions for you and I hope you can help.
- How do you deal with this kind of thing?
- What do you to focus your writing?
- Is it just me or have you experienced this before?
The other day my cousins decided to take me for a motorcycle ride that was so beautifully breathtaking that I was left at a loss for words. We drove out for over an hour and a half before reaching our destination.
We stopped at a small landing near Sannine, Lebanon. I found myself surrounded by mountains. I was in awe at the beauty around me.
We picked what could be classified as the nicest day of the not so cold winter season. It was over twenty degrees celsius, the air was cool and crisp. The sun was shining bright, beating down on our faces just enough to keep us warm but not enough to overheat us.
There was a small house off to the side. I felt slightly jealous, all I could do was imagine myself living there and waking up to that view each morning.
Rolling white snowy mountains.
Landscape coming to life.
A view that could speak.
What is your problem? You haven’t had anything nice to say in the longest time. You’ve been nothing but negative and I don’t think I can handle you anymore. You’re mean, hurtful, and downright rude.
I thought everything was fine between us but lately all you’ve done is seriously put me in a bad mood. You always have something to complain about even if it doesn’t directly affect you. You treat me as if I don’t understand anything; as if I’m a fucking idiot for you to talk down at me.
You’re not always right. No matter how hard you believe it. I, like other people have the right to have my own opinions. So stop acting like you know everything and let me fucking breathe.I tried reasoning with you, I tried talking to you calmly, but all you did was get angry.
Apparently having a conversation is not an option with you. Apparently I’m supposed to shut the fuck up and not say a word to you. Apparently I’m not allowed to be an individual when speaking to you. Apparently I have to be like everyone else who sits quietly and listens to what YOU have to say.
I didn’t know your word was law.
Shutting the fuck up.
I’ve always wished you the best of luck in anything you do. You’ve been there for me over and over and this time, like always. I’m here for you.
I have a feeling that something is wrong. You hid something from me that should have been said sooner. And I really hope that things are different.
I hope that you don’t turn back and repeat the past. It can never be the same either way. What happened then wasn’t good for you. Nor is it now.
Packing for a trip is murder and here’s why:
- But, I’m a terrible packer.
- I have to run a bunch of errands to go get the stuff I need.
- Trying to pack with someone else is very much stressful.
- I have to make lists of things I want and need to take with me, otherwise I’ll forget.
- Somehow I always manage to forget something.
- Getting everything in order and laid out is one thing, but organizing it into a small-ish bag is another.
- It takes a lot of time and patience.
- Just when I have everything packed and weighed, somehow my bag always ends up being overweight.
- But if it’s under… then score!
- When it’s over though, it’s like taking a load off my shoulders.
- Happy travels to me!
I forget to blog sometimes and here’s why:
- Life has thrown me a curve ball and I’m trying to deal with it.
- I tend to forget things when I’m stressed out.
- Sometimes, I’m just too exhausted to get the words out.
- It’s okay to miss a day or two.
- I don’t want to give you shitty content.
- Blogging every day is hard sometimes.
- I don’t feel ‘inspired’ – but I know I should force myself to write anyway.
- If my head wasn’t attached to my body, I’d lose that too.
- I’m at school or work and things are just overwhelming.
- Sometimes I need a break and it’s not the end of the world if I don’t write something.