A while back, someone asked me what my New Years Resolution was. I stumbled with my words for a moment before telling them that I hadn’t really thought of anything. This sat with me for a few days before I took the time to find one of my old lists
With the energy I wasted looking it up, I realized that this ‘New Years Resolutions’ was just a ton of crap. Every year I make this unrealistic list of resolutions I expect myself to keep but never do. This year is different. This year I’m not making resolutions that need to be completed in 365 days only to give up half way through. Instead, I’m making a list of things I want to get done in my life.
I want to update this list each year and I want to add new ideas and remove the ones that I’ve completed.
I know, I know, I’m a little late on this bandwagon. But here it is:
- Go on More than one Road Trip
- Bungee Jumping
- Build a Blanket Fort
- Have a Picnic
- Do more yoga
- Wake up/go to Bed early.
- Go on a Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Learn to play poker like a champ
- Swim in a Pool at night filled with glow sticks
- Go ‘ghost hunting’ with friends
- Do something out of your comfort zone
- Ride a bike across the city
- Go hiking
- Go to a bonfire/build one
- Party in a forest
- Travel somewhere new
- Travel alone
- Try something new
- Write more
- Read more
- Learn something new and be good at it.
- Get a tattoo
- Get my eyebrow/tongue pierced
- Try foods from different cuisines
- Geek out
- Watch classic movies
- Do more feminist-y things
- Hang out with the besties regularly
- Dye some of my hair an unnatural color
- Continue being the epic bad-ass Queen that I am.