Day 5: Not so Guilty Pleasures.
I find myself conflicted when someone asks me what my guilty pleasure is. Why should I feel guilty if I take pleasure in watching a show or listening to music or reading non-conventional literature? Why should I feel guilty for anything I like?
Someone once told me that a guilty pleasure was something I felt embarrassed about admitting that I liked rather than something I felt ‘guilty’ about. I wasn’t sure how to respond to them.
I’d much rather list things I actually take pleasure in (that others may consider guilty, but I see it otherwise):
- Drinking coffee in excess.
- Listening to boy bands.
- Reading and writing fan-fiction.
- Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.
- Watching family movies.
- Wearing makeup every day.
- Taking naps.
- Playing addictive online games.
- Shameless flirting.
- Dipping french fries in ice cream.
Do you have a guilty pleasure?